Why study with us?
TEN great reasons to study Acupuncture and Tui Na at The City College of Acupuncture
1) A broad and thorough grounding in Traditional Chinese Medicine
• We believe that students shouldn’t specialise too early in their training so we teach you all of the main ways of diagnosing and using acupuncture
• Specialising in one form of acupuncture too early means that in order to further your understanding of TCM you may actually need to go back to understand the basics that you didn’t cover fully
2) Hands-on, practical work in every module
• Our aim is to create excellent practitioners, which means we have a strong focus on the practical skills of acupuncture from the outset
• Our students start needling, cupping and using moxibustion within a few weeks of starting on the course, and they continue doing this across the whole of the course
3) Splitting into small groups for certain classes means an apprentice-like training
• Learning anatomy and point location is difficult if you don’t have any experience in body-work, so being split into small groups by your Tutors within certain classes is essential to get extensive one-to-one feedback
• In our experience, subjects like Western Medical Sciences can also be as complex to understand as Chinese Medicine – which is why we give just as much support to our students in these subjects
4) An eclectic approach to teaching
• Our staff trained in a number of different institutions and bring a wide range of experience to the CCA course – they aren’t just repeating what their teachers taught them
• We work hard to make sure that what we teach you is up-to-date and relevant to the work of an acupuncturist
5) High academic standards
• Our acupuncture course is taught at level 4, 5, and 6 which means that it is at the same level as a degree but without the additional cost and restrictions that this brings
• Our course is accredited by the British Acupuncture Accreditation Board (BAAB) which guarantees excellence in training, safe practice and professional conduct. BAAB accredited courses are taught at honours degree level
• Graduating from a BAAB accredited institution makes you eligible to join the British Acupuncture Council (BAcC), the largest registering body for Traditional Acupuncturists in the UK
7) All our tutors are successful practitioners
• All your lectures will be delivered by professional, fully qualified practitioners – we do not have any members of staff who are full-time academics.
8) Great Location
• We are proud to be the only BAAB-accredited programme in London!
• We are easy to get to on public transport, being just a few minutes from Old Street tube station and the many buses that also run there.
9) Our support continues after you graduate
• You can return after graduation to retake any lessons you may have missed, free of charge
10) We aim to get you into practice
• CCA has a strong business module which means you will be ready to go into business as soon as possible after completing our programme